Causes and Cure for Pregnancy Stretch Marks
Stretch marks or Striae gravidarum affects up to 90% of women. While it’s not a disease or death causing one, disfigurement from Stretch marks cause emotional and psychological distress. They normally develop on stomach, thighs, hips, breasts, upper arms, and lower back during second and third trimester.
Stretch marks happens when the skin is suddenly stretched often due to pregnancy. It is also seen with sudden weight gain, obesity and puberty.
What causes stretch marks during Pregnancy
There are two things that contributes towards stretch marks during pregnancy. One for sure due to the rate at which body expands during pregnancy which leads to skin tears. The second because of increased levels of hormones in pregnancy. Experts are still debating about it. These hormones causes more water to reach the skin, which relaxes the bonds between collagen fibers. As a result skin tear faster when it is stretched.
Some women are at higher risk for getting stretch marks
- Family history
- How much weight gain happen during pregnancy
- Single or multiple birth
- Had stretch marks before only, due to obesity
Use Essential Body Oil For Mama from Mamearth to reduce Pregnancy Stretch Marks
If I say there exist a complete cure for pregnancy stretch mark, it would be a blatant lie. Essential Body Oil For Mama from Mamearth is a wonderful product that can help you reduce the Pregnancy Stretch Marks. This one is best to be applied when you are in second trimester. The fact that this one is made using 10 prime essential oils like pracaxi oil, sea buckthorn oil, argan oil, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, lavender oil vouches for its quality.
What can this product do to your skin
- Prevent and repair stretch marks: Blend of nourishing essential oils like sea buckthorn Oil, pracaxi oil, argan oil, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, lavender oil help in reducing the appearance of stretch marks and increases skin elasticity and maintains skin moisture.
- Reduce skin irritation: Stimulates the production of new collagen and improves skin elasticity.
- Keep skin hydrated: Nutrient rich sea buckthorn oil promotes skin elasticity, hydration and regeneration.
- Makes skin healthy and supple :Essential oils also provides moisturizing benefits.
- Safe to use on any kind of skin type: It is made up of natural ingredients and hence is safe for use during and after pregnancy. It contains absolutely no harmful ingredients like mineral oil, petrolatum, parabens, artificial fragrances or artificial colors. MamaEarth is FDA approved, which means it is 100% safe for babies as well as mamas.
Several years have passed post my last pregnancy, but still I have stretch marks. I have tried before cocoa butter based products but did not find it effective and its very pricey too. This oil I found to be effective. It’s for sure is helping to lighten up those scars. The fact that this oil gets absorbed immediately without leaving any oily feeling makes it good to apply and leaves behind a smooth skin. It smells gentle. The oil comes in a sturdy plastic bottle with double cap. This makes it travel friendly too.
Cost and Availability
Like any other Mamaearth product this one too is not pricey keeping in mind the ingredient list. It costs 499 INR. You can buy this product from Mamaearth website or from e commerce portals like Amazon.
Hey all moms and moms to be …I personally recommend this product for reducing stretch marks.
Disclosure: Would like to thank Mamaearth for sending across to me this sample. Thoughts expressed here are based on my own experience
Disclaimer: I have done my part of research to provide my readers with most precise information. But request you to use your judgment before taking any decisions based on the information in this blog.