Stretch marks or Striae gravidarum affects up to 90% of women. While it’s not a disease or death causing one, disfigurement from Stretch marks cause emotional and psychological distress. They normally develop on stomach, thighs, hips, breasts, upper arms, and lower back during second and third trimester.
Stretch marks happens when the skin is suddenly stretched often due to pregnancy. It is also seen with sudden weight gain, obesity and puberty.
What causes stretch marks during Pregnancy
There are two things that contributes towards stretch marks during pregnancy. One for sure due to the rate at which body expands during pregnancy which leads to skin tears. The second because of increased levels of hormones in pregnancy. Experts are still debating about it. These hormones causes more water to reach the skin, which relaxes the bonds between collagen fibers. As a result skin tear faster when it is stretched.
Some women are at higher risk for getting stretch marks
- Family history
- How much weight gain happen during pregnancy
- Single or multiple birth
- Had stretch marks before only, due to obesity
Use Essential Body Oil For Mama from Mamearth to reduce Pregnancy Stretch Marks
If I say there exist a complete cure for pregnancy stretch mark, it would be a blatant lie. Essential Body Oil For Mama from Mamearth is a wonderful product that can help you reduce the Pregnancy Stretch Marks. This one is best to be applied when you are in second trimester. The fact that this one is made using 10 prime essential oils like pracaxi oil, sea buckthorn oil, argan oil, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, lavender oil vouches for its quality.
What can this product do to your skin
- Prevent and repair stretch marks: Blend of nourishing essential oils like sea buckthorn Oil, pracaxi oil, argan oil, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, lavender oil help in reducing the appearance of stretch marks and increases skin elasticity and maintains skin moisture.
- Reduce skin irritation: Stimulates the production of new collagen and improves skin elasticity.
- Keep skin hydrated: Nutrient rich sea buckthorn oil promotes skin elasticity, hydration and regeneration.
- Makes skin healthy and supple :Essential oils also provides moisturizing benefits.
- Safe to use on any kind of skin type: It is made up of natural ingredients and hence is safe for use during and after pregnancy. It contains absolutely no harmful ingredients like mineral oil, petrolatum, parabens, artificial fragrances or artificial colors. MamaEarth is FDA approved, which means it is 100% safe for babies as well as mamas.